Shopping For Clothes
1. Buy clothing out of season. Clothing that needs to be sold to make room for the new clothing season will be discounted to move it quickly.
2. Consider purchasing clothes at consignment shops. Consignment shops will usually only sell high quality brand named clothing in excellent condition at greatly discounted prices.
3. Visit the clearance racks at your favorite clothing stores. You can often find quality clothing at 70% - 90% off retail price on clearance racks.
4. Visit outlet malls. Brand named stores at outlet malls often sell the same or similar clothes to those being sold at normal retail outlets, but at a fraction of the price.
5. Become friends with someone working at your favorite retail outlet or consider getting a part-time job there yourself. Employees often receive large discounts even beyond listed sale prices.
6. Don't dismiss finding quality clothing at your local Good Will or Salvation Army. The quality of the clothing at these stores in many areas has improved greatly over the years and quality brand named clothing can be found at pennies on the dollar.
7. Keep an eye out in newspapers and on TV for store sales, clearances, close-outs, etc. These are the same quality clothes that just need to be moved by the store for new incoming lines of clothing.
8. Cheap clothes do not necessarily mean a good value. Clothes that are not well made will fall apart quickly and have a short wearing life. You want to purchase quality clothes at an inexpensive price.
9. Check out the Internet for clothing close-outs and other discounts. This also saves you the cost of traveling to a brick and mortar shop.
10. Look at online auction sites to buy quality clothing at discounted prices.
11. Purchase clothes that are versatile and can be used for different occasions. This means that you can buy less overall clothing and not be stuck with clothing that only gets used once a year.
12. Purchase clothing that coordinates well so mix and matching is easy. This will enable you to and have more outfits to wear with less clothing.
13. Stick to clothing in basic styles, colors, fabrics you like. These are much less likely to go out of style and can be worn for years.
14. When you come across a great bargain on basics such as sleep wear, underwear and socks